Gallifrey One is delighted to announce the confirmation today of two major headline guests for our 2018 convention, The 29 Voyages of Gallifrey One, taking place next February: Doctor Who Series 10 star Matt Lucas, and the new incarnation of the First Doctor himself, David Bradley.
Please note: Pearl Mackie, who was previously announced on this page, is unable to join us in 2018 due to professional commitments.
In addition, we have some major announcements regarding the early start of our 2018 add-on packages including special private guest receptions in our Diamond Passes, the TARDIS Tags, and more… and the forthcoming opening of ticket transfers. Read on!
Writer, actor and comedian Matt Lucas has been a household name in Britain (and here in America) for many years due to his success in the TV series Little Britain alongside David Walliams (reprised in Little Britain USA). But of course, Lucas became best known to Doctor Who fans as Nardole beginning with 2015’s Christmas special “The Husbands of River Song,” then appearing in the following year’s follow-up “The Return of Doctor Mysterio” before becoming a series regular alongside Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie for Series Ten. Lucas is also known for his portrayals of the scorekeeping baby Georgie Dawes in the comedy panel game Shooting Stars and both Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee in Alice in Wonderland and Alice Through the Looking Glass, as well as appearances in Shaun of the Dead, Bridesmaids, Paddington, Portlandia, Community and many other film & TV roles. We are delighted to welcome Mr. Lucas to Gallifrey One in 2018, for Saturday and Sunday only, in an appearance sponsored by Showmasters Events.
David Bradley is… the Doctor! First appearing in Doctor Who opposite Matt Smith in 2012’s “Dinosaurs on a Spaceship,” Bradley later became a beloved icon to fans with his portrayal of William Hartnell in 2013’s Doctor Who 50th anniversary biopic An Adventure in Space and Time. But none of that prepared us for the (delightful) shock of seeing Bradley as the First Doctor himself in the closing moments of Series Ten’s finale “The Doctor Falls,” a role he will portray opposite Peter Capaldi in the latter’s swansong episode “Twice Upon a Time” airing this December. Bradley is also well known to audiences as crotchety Argus Filch in the Harry Potter film series, as villainous Red Wedding instigator Walder Frey in Game of Thrones, as Abraham Setrakian in the FX series The Strain, and in an award-winning performance as Jack Marshall in Broadchurch, among numerous other television and film roles. We are excited to welcome Mr. Bradley to Gallifrey One 2018 for appearances on all three days, courtesy Showmasters Events.
We would like to express our sincerest gratitude to Jason Joiner and Paul Jones of Showmasters Events who have gone above and beyond for us this year with a fabulous lineup of talent, including Pearl Mackie, Matt Lucas and David Bradley and also including their other previously-announced sponsored guests, Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Noel Clarke and Camille Coduri.
Diamond Passes and TARDIS Tags On Sale This Friday!
Continuing our tradition of providing exciting add-on packages to complement our attendees’ experiences with our guests, we are today announcing the following packages, all of which go ON SALE THIS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 at 9:00am Pacific / Noon Eastern / 5pm London time. These limited add-ons, all of which help fund our special headliner guests, will be available while supplies last (for each special event) and offer great incentives, but of course are completely optional for attendees (all guests will still appear on stage).
(Note that you MUST have a convention ticket to take part in any of these events or purchase any of these passes/tags.)
Links to these Diamond Pass and TARDIS Tag sales, along with photo op pre-orders, will be posted here on our website on Friday, along with being posted on our social media pages.
Matt Lucas Diamond Pass – $220 each
- 1 ticket to an exclusive Matt Lucas Diamond Pass Q & A/ meet and greet. This will last for 45 minutes and will take place on Sat or Sun at a pre-advised time within the show daytime schedule.
- 1 Standard professional photoshoot with you and Matt Lucas
- 1 Greenscreen photoshoot with you and Matt Lucas on the Series 10 TARDIS.
- 1 Exclusive, 16” x 12” limited edition print
- 2 in person Autographs from Matt Lucas (must be obtained at the same time)
- 1 Diamond Pass Dog Tag
- 1 gift, exclusive to Matt Lucas Diamond Pass Holders
- NOTE: The meet and greet/ Q & A will not feature a photo or autograph opportunity. The Diamond pass meet and greet is a separate event to the evening drinks receptions and is exclusive to Matt Lucas Diamond pass holders. In the event that Matt Lucas is unable to attend Gallifrey One, this ticket is refundable.
David Bradley Diamond Pass – $220 each
- 1 ticket to an exclusive David Bradley Diamond Pass Q & A/ meet and greet. This will last for 45 minutes and will take place on one of the convention days Fri, Sat or Sun at a pre-advised time within the show daytime schedule.
- 1 Standard professional photoshoot with you and David Bradley
- 1 Greenscreen photoshoot with you and David Bradley on the Series 10 TARDIS.
- 1 Exclusive, 16” x 12” limited edition print
- 2 in person Autographs from David Bradley (must be obtained at the same time)
- 1 Diamond Pass Dog Tag
- 1 gift, exclusive to David Bradley Diamond Pass Holders
- NOTE: The meet and greet/ Q & A will not feature a photo or autograph opportunity. The Diamond pass meet and greet is a separate event to the evening drinks receptions and is exclusive to David Bradley Diamond pass holders. In the event that David Bradley is unable to attend Gallifrey One, this ticket is refundable.
TARDIS TAG 2018 – $795 each
- 1 TARDIS TAG that gives you priority access to autograph lines for Showmasters sponsored guests and all Photo Session lines
- 2 free in person autographs from each of the Showmasters sponsored guests (both autographs must be obtained at the same time); at this time, these include Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Noel Clarke, Camille Coduri, Pearl Mackie, David Bradley and Matt Lucas.
- 1 free photo op with each of the Showmasters sponsored guests
- 1 ticket to an exclusive Sylvester McCoy Diamond Pass meet and greet. This will last for 45 minutes and will take place on one of the convention days (Fri, Sat or Sun) during the daytime programme.
- 1 ticket to an exclusive Noel Clarke meet and greet. This will last for 45 minutes and will take place on one of the convention days (Fri, Sat or Sun) during the daytime programme.
- 1 special photoshoot with details to be confirmed
- 1 exclusive 16 x 12 limited edition print
- 1 signed 10 x 8 picture of Bernard Cribbins (who is not appearing at the convention)
- NOTE: Please note there will no opportunity for autographs or photoshoots at the meet and greets. All guests appear subject to work commitments and should Sylvester McCoy or Noel Clarke be unable to attend, no refunds will be offered but an alternative headline guest will be arranged for the meet and greets. If Showmasters brings less than 10 guests to the show, they will provide signed photos of guests who are not attending Gallifrey One this year, to make up the shortfall. Approximate value of all of the above items if purchased separately would be equal to $1300.
And Finally… Transfers Open September 15
Finally, we are happy to announce that transfers for Gallifrey One 2018 will open on Friday September 15. At that time, people who currently have tickets to our 2018 event but will be unable to attend will be able to transfer their tickets to people who want them, including selling them.
As we did for 2017, we will open up a brand new Gallifrey One 2018 Ticket Transfer event on Facebook. Only people who have tickets to sell/transfer will be allowed to make initial posts on the page. Anyone seeking tickets will be able to reply to those posts. All monetary exchanges must happen between private parties; Gallifrey One will not aid your payment transfer. Tickets can ONLY be sold for cost: $95 adult, $50 teen, $20 child.
Sellers will then be responsible for contacting Gallifrey One about the transfer of tickets, via a web form that will go live on September 15. Only the seller can initiate the transfer. Once we receive that, the ticket(s) then belong to the new owner(s).
Transfers will remain open until up to one week prior to the convention.
With today’s guest announcement we believe there will be significantly greater interest in transfers for the 2018 event, so we encourage everyone interested in attending to check out the Facebook group when it opens next week and continually monitor it, as no further tickets will be sold directly by the convention. Good luck!
More details soon!