Two quick pieces of business today concerning The 29 Voyages of Gallifrey One… read on!
JANUARY 10 UPDATE: Evening Guest Reception tickets are now ON SALE.
Star Trek Continues at Gallifrey One 2018
First, we are thrilled to announce that the web series Star Trek Continues is coming back to Gallifrey One next month! We’ve always been big fans of this amazing Star Trek web series, and now that they’ve released their two-part finale “To Boldly Go,” we’re helping celebrate a successful voyage. First, we will be screening both parts of the series finale, part one on Friday afternoon and part two on Saturday morning.
Then, join us in our main auditorium at 1pm on Saturday for an epic tribute to the show featuring a variety of attending guests including:
- Series cast members Todd Haberkorn (Spock), Michele Specht (Dr. McKennah), Cat Roberts (Lt. Palmer) and Chris Doohan (Jimmy Doohan’s son, playing Scotty)
- Star Trek Continues special guest stars Gigi Edgley (Chiana on Farscape), Cas Anvar (Alex Kamal on Syfy’s The Expanse), Nakia Burrise (Power Rangers), Michael Forest (Apollo in Star Trek: “Who Mourns for Adonais”), Adrienne Wilkinson (Xena’s daughter Eve from Xena: Warrior Princess), Beau Billingslea (Cowboy Bebop, Star Trek Into Darkness) and Amy Rydell (who followed in the footsteps of her mother, Joanne Linville, to play Linville’s character the Romulan Commander for “To Boldly Go”)
- Crew members James Kerwin (writer/director), Lisa Hansell (producer/makeup), Ralph Miller (co-producer/sound designer) and Larry Nemecek (creative consultant and McCoy in the first few episodes)-
These guests will then be signing in our Autograph Alley at 2pm Saturday, immediately after the panel. We’re so glad to be able to help celebrate the end of the series with this special event… our special thanks to James Kerwin for helping us set everything up!
Evening Reception Tickets NOW ON SALE
We’re also delighted to announce that the Gallifrey One Evening Guest Receptions are now on sale! These special, totally optional add-on events are a huge part of the Gallifrey One experience for many of our attendees, and we have five receptions over two days to pick from. For a nominal charge for each reception, you’ll join us in our top-of-the-hotel lounge to mix and mingle with small groups and each of the attending guests in sequence over the course of an hour, with a selection of wines, soft drinks and snacks included. Each attendee at a reception will also include two autographed photos from guests not attending the convention this year.
Starting Wednesday January 10 at 12:00 PM Pacific Time you can visit the Convention Photo Shoots website (click that link or the button below) to purchase tickets to the following optional receptions (remember, all guests will still appear on stage at the convention during the day).
Note that the reception times are mostly final but could still slip depending on guest schedules, and other guests may join the receptions beyond the ones listed here:
- Friday 6:30pm, cost $75: Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Wendy Padbury, Terry Molloy, Jon Davey, Jessica Martin and Mike Tucker
- Friday 8:00pm, cost $95: Steven Moffat, David Bradley, Jemma Redgrave, Camille Coduri, Rachel Talalay, Chase Masterson and Edward Russell
- Saturday 4:00pm, cost $95: Matt Lucas, David Bradley, Rachel Talalay, Mike Tucker and Wendy Padbury
- Saturday 5:30pm, cost $75: Sylvester McCoy, Sophie Aldred, Terry Molloy, Jessica Martin, Ricco Ross, Jon Davey
- Saturday 7:30pm, cost $95: Steven Moffat, Matt Lucas, Jemma Redgrave, Camille Coduri, Edward Russell, Chase Masterson
Note: Jemma Redgrave has replaced Noel Clarke, per our announcement on January 13.
As Matt Lucas is only appearing at Gallifrey One 2018 on Saturday & Sunday, he will only be at the two Saturday receptions (in addition to panel programming). Also, please note that we are currently expecting the Murray Gold live music event to take place at 6:15pm-7:30pm on Saturday; if you wish to attend the 5:30pm Saturday event note that you may miss the start of that performance.
All appearances are, as with the main convention, subject to work commitments and that there are not autograph or photo opportunities at the receptions. To purchase a reception ticket you must have a ticket to the convention (no exceptions). Full details and rules are at the website link below.