Hello! We’ve at last started moving into high gear on plans for our next event, The 31 Flavours of Gallifrey One. Over the next three months, we’ll gradually pick up the pace with news and updates about our February 2020 convention. We have tons of great plans, including lots of upcoming new guests to announce, and we look forward to sharing the details with all of you.
Today we’d like to get started with some general convention updates, including some things we know many of you have been looking forward to, so let’s get started!
New Guests Next Week!
We have been working on some guest confirmations, including some new-era Doctor Who guest actors and production staff, as well as some local signing actors coming in for day appearances, local writers, illustrators and other guests. We hope to bring you the next guest block announcement by sometime next week, so stay tuned!
Ticket Resales Begin December 6
Gallifrey One convention ticket resales will be open as of Friday, December 6! Ticket resales were previously referred to as transfers.
At that time we will be adding the Attendee Database; opening our Resales page here on our website; and creating a new Event page on Facebook specifically for current ticket holders to post that they have tickets available for resale.
As a reminder, Gallifrey One has an open resale policy, with specific limits. People with tickets are welcome to sell their tickets to someone else if they cannot make the convention, though it must be sold only at the same price they originally paid. A ticket can only be resold once. Only the person who purchased the ticket or the person whose name is currently on the ticket can sell it. Payment must happen between the two parties involved; Gallifrey One does not get involved. We only need to be notified, via our Resales form (available here on December 6); the person selling the ticket must complete the form. The resale form can also be used for updating existing tickets with new names (i.e. changing tickets to be in the names of your friends and/or family members.)
The Attendee Database will be uploaded and contain everyone who did not opt out of being listed. As a reminder, opting out of the attendee database makes your ticket unavailable for resale or any name changes, except on-site at Convention Registration (where the current ticket holder must be present), as the Member Number associated with your ticket (which is on the Attendee Database) must be entered as part of the transaction.
Check back on our website on December 6 for further details, including a link to the resales page and to the Facebook group where you can communicate your intent to sell your ticket.
Art Show Update: Sold Out & List of Artists
We are happy to announce that the Gallifrey One 2020 Art Show is now sold out! We are looking forward to a great Art Show this year; at the Art Show you’ll be able to find works by all of the following artists:
Erin Amos • Ken Anderson • Janessa Brayer • Sara Bruce • John Christopher Butler • Peri Charlifu
Sarah Clemens • Nicole Carlson • Fox Estacado Arts • Cindy Emmons • Jennifer Elamparo
Crafty Geek Girls • Thomas Graves • Barbara Hambly • Kat Huddleston • Theresa Halbert
Esoteric Imagery • Blue Box Imaginarium • Mary Jane Jewell • Kellina James • Yasamin Jourabchi
Inna Kanevsky • Rachel Fay Kanevsky • Rachel Moore • Anne Macko • Tamara Ann Mickelson
David Lee Pancake • Rosemary Reeve • Melody Rondeau • Nancy Rodriguez-Bell • Kie Spring
Heather Schultz • Karen Tindall • Rebecca Trotter-Sinnott • Sasha Venola • Stacey Walker
John West • Harrison Webb • Lubov Yegudin
Visit the Art Show page for further details details. The Gallifrey One 2020 Art Show is open for setup on Thursday; for access by all convention attendees on Friday & Saturday; and for final art sales, teardown and the Art Show Auction on Sunday.
Panelist Questionnaire Update
This year, we decided to go in a different direction with our discussion panel track and those of you who wanted to participate in the program as panelists and moderators. We are happy to say that we had a huge response, over 250 people requesting panel space and suggesting amazing topics.
To those of you who submitted, we’d like to offer our sincerest thanks for your responses, and note the following information:
- We will be going through all of the responses throughout November… taking stock of your panel suggestions and seeing what might be a good fit for the program. As we mentioned at an earlier date, we have decided to refocus most of our program onto Doctor Who itself, with some SF/fantasy television, film, comics and writing panels, more science presentations and some workshops thrown in for good measure; therefore it will take a bit of time to figure out exactly how much program space we will have. We ask you to be patient and we expect to be contacting you sometime in mid to late December.
- When we do contact you, please make sure to reply back as quickly as possible; we will be going by the available times you listed on your submission, along with the general topics you provided. If for any reason you cannot or do not wish to be on the panel(s) you’ve been offered, we ask that you let us know quickly so we can make changes.
- As we are streamlining the discussion panel program this year, to the effect that there will be fewer panels available, we simply cannot offer panel slots to everyone.
- For those who requested participation in the TARDIS Talks (formerly called the academia presentation event), you can expect to hear from the moderators of that presentation, Joy Piedmont and Paul Booth, very soon.
For everyone else not participating in the program, we will announce our list of panels by early January, along with the rest of our fabulous 2020 program.
Program Book Advertisements
Interested in advertising in our annual souvenir program booklet? We sell a limited number of ads in our booklet, which is distributed to every person who attends the convention (currently this would be over 3500 books!) Ads must be genre-specific: science fiction, fantasy & horror literature, media or comics, as well as conventions and events, fan clubs, or items of suitable interest to our attendees.
The specifications are as follows:
- Ad space is full page only, digest sized: 5.5″ wide by 8.5″ high.
- Camera-ready art must be 5″ wide by 8″ high, black and white only, in PDF, JPG, PNG or TIF format only (please no Microsoft Word files!)
- Rates are $150 USD for a full page (5.5″ x 8.5″) advert; we do not do half-page ads or smaller.
- The theme of your advertisement must fall within our acceptable range of advertisers: Doctor Who, science fiction/fantasy or genre merchandise; fan events and/or conventions; fan organizations; or, books or periodicals germane to the SF/F community.
Our deadline for booking advertisements in the Gallifrey One 2020 program book is December 15, 2019, though we reserve the right to close ads earlier if we reach our limit, so please get in touch with us as soon as possible!. The ads themselves will be due in mid-January and all advertisers will be communicated with.
More news soon!