Gallifrey One’s Gaming Lounge has become an increasingly more popular part of our convention in recent years, combining both open gaming as well as special game events throughout the weekend, and special game demos throughout. There’s a lot of family-friendly gaming fun for the younger attendees as well as some adult-themed games in the evenings: you’ll find everything from the Doctor Who Role Playing Game and Fluxx to Cards Against Humanity and evening Doctor Who Trivia for Chocolate!
The Gaming Lounge is located on the main convention floor in a room off the central exhibitor table hallway. In the evenings, we expand the gaming area (taking over the Program F/Meet-Up Lounge used in the daytime). Schedules are posted shortly before the convention of the various organized game events, while the room is open normally for attendees to check out a board game, card game or other item to play.
The Gaming Lounge is open Friday from 9:00am to Midnight, Saturday from 10:00am to Midnight, and Sunday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. A full schedule of events will be included in our Online Schedule when it goes live in January 2019.
Gaming Lounge Rules
- No children under 10 years of age without a parent supervising them, keeping them quiet and occupied with the games; we are not children’s programming.
- No children under 10 years of age in the room after 10:00 pm.
- No food or drink at tables.
- Sit on the chairs, not the tables, or you will be asked to leave.
- Respect and treat nicely the other players and the games.
- The GM running the game is the authority: his/her word goes.
- No abuse of people or game items.
- Keep the noise level so that others are not disturbed (don’t swear or shout).
- Don’t bring in music, e-games, videos or other noise makers—it is loud enough in here!
- Leave an ID or Badge as collateral to check out a game,
- You can check out a game any time there is open room to play! Library has over 100 games!
- Return games in the same condition you got them (all pieces included and put away neatly).
- Clean up after yourself: garbage goes in the trash can not on the tables or floor.