Hotel rooms at our host facility, the Marriott Los Angeles Airport Hotel, are SOLD OUT for the duration of our convention weekend. (Rooms at the Marriott sell out as soon as they go online!)
Please note that the Los Angeles International Airport area is filled with different hotels, many of which are within a short 5-minute walk from the Marriott – very close by and easily accessed after a long day at the convention. Here’s a quick guide to available options in the immediate area, all of which (as of January 2017) still have rooms to let:
- Renaissance Los Angeles Airport
- Courtyard by Marriott LAX
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport (5 min walk, just on the other side of the Marriott outdoor parking lot and Park Air Express lot)
- Crowne Plaza LAX (5 min walk, across Airport Blvd. and 1/2 block down Century Blvd.)
- Four Points Sheraton (5 min walk, between the Marriott and Renaissance Hotels)
- Embassy Suites North – LAX (5 min walk, across Airport Blvd. and 1/2 block north)
- Residence Inn LAX (5 min walk, across Airport Blvd. and around the corner)
- Travelodge LAX (5-10 min walk, beyond the Hilton next to Denny’s Diner)
- Sheraton Gateway LAX (10 min walk, west toward LAX and beyond the Crowne Plaza)
- Westin Hotel LAX, Holiday Inn LAX, La Quinta Inn LAX, Wingate by Wyndham LAX (all next to the 405 freeway); these are usually taxi/Uber/Lyft amenable as they are long walks
Please note: the Renaissance LAX Airport is no longer an “official” convention overflow hotel, simply because so many people were staying at so many different other hotels during Gallifrey One; however, it is certainly a good option along with the other local hotels in the area!
There are many other local hotels in the LAX area as well within 10-15 minutes walk or a quick cab ride… we’d encourage you to look at the online map sites and travel sites and choose your best option.
When Should I Arrive?
As for our past events, are planning some special pre-convention functions for Thursday night. We encourage you to check into your hotel room on Thursday if possible (or before, if you are coming earlier). Pre-convention events will take place in the evening Thursday, with official events starting at 8:00pm but our social mixer in the hotel lobby (affectionately referred to as ‘lobbycon’ by attendees) usually getting into full swing by 6-7pm; the convention proper begins Friday morning at 10am. Badge pickup for attendees will run Thursday 3pm-6pm and limited pickups from 8pm until the desk goes quiet, and resumes Friday morning at 9am. We’d encourage you to travel earlier rather than later to enjoy the full experience.