Gallifrey One provides assistance with accommodations at both our host hotel, the Marriott Los Angeles Airport, as well as our official overflow property, the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport, by providing discount codes for each hotel. These discount codes are not yet available and reservations at the Marriott are not available at this time for any hotel rooms during the Gallifrey One weekend.
We will be making a general announcement on our website and our social media at a later date with information about the day and time hotel room reservations go on sale. Until that time, reservations cannot be made. Please note that hotel rooms at the Marriott go within minutes of being made available, so we encourage you to keep close attention for future announcements.
Nearby Hotel Facilities
Should you not be able to get a room at the Marriott, there are plenty of other hotels in the immediate area as noted below. Many of these are within walking distance and have their own benefits:
- Renaissance Los Angeles Airport (see shuttle service note below)
- Courtyard by Marriott LAX (see shuttle service note below)
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport (5 min walk, just on the other side of the Marriott outdoor parking lot)
- Crowne Plaza LAX (5 min walk, across Aviation Blvd. and 1/2 block down Century Blvd.)
- Four Points Sheraton (5 min walk, between the Marriott and Renaissance Hotels)
- Embassy Suites North – LAX (5 min walk, across Aviation Blvd. and 1/2 block north)
- Travelodge LAX (5-10 min walk, beyond the Hilton next to Denny’s Diner)
- Sheraton Gateway LAX (10 min walk, west toward LAX and beyond the Crowne Plaza)
- Westin Hotel LAX, Holiday Inn LAX, La Quinta Inn LAX, Wingate by Wyndham LAX (all next to the 405 freeway, a short cab ride away); these are usually cab-ride amenable as they are long walks
There are many other local hotels in the LAX area as well within 10-15 minutes walk or a quick cab ride… we’d encourage you to look at the online map sites and travel sites and choose your best option.
Two hotels listed above feature shuttle services as noted:
- Renaissance Los Angeles Airport: As our official overflow facility, Gallifrey One in the past has arranged for limited shuttle services from the Marriott LAX to the Renaissance LAX every 30 minutes from 10:00pm to 2:00am on Friday and Saturday nights during the convention. Note these are late-night, one-way shuttle services provided free of charge to attendees staying at the Renaissance.
- Courtyard by Marriott Los Angeles Airport: The airport shuttle serving our host hotel (the Marriott LAX) also serves the Courtyard by Marriott LAX hotel on the same route, stopping after delivery to the Marriott and on return route to LAX. While the price is a bit higher, this shuttle service runs 24 hours (limited late-night service but still every 30 minutes approximately).
When Should I Arrive?
As for our past events, are planning some special pre-convention functions for Thursday night. We encourage you to check into your hotel room on Thursday if possible (or before, if you are coming earlier). Pre-convention events will take place in the evening Thursday, with official events starting at 9:00pm but our social mixer in the hotel lobby (affectionately referred to as ‘lobbycon’ by attendees) usually getting into full swing by 6-7pm; the convention proper begins Friday morning at 10am. Badge pickup for attendees will run Thursday 3pm-6pm and limited pickups from 8pm until the desk goes quiet, and resumes Friday morning at 9am. We’d encourage you to travel earlier rather than later to enjoy the full experience.