Gallifrey One Conventions is a California nonprofit organization, an independent subsidiary of the Institute for Specialized Literature (ISL), Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to local science fiction conventions. The annual Gallifrey One conventions are organized and run entirely by our ALL VOLUNTEER team.
Gallifrey One’s Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors (listed in red) are the officers of Gallifrey One Conventions. Board Members are responsible for all policy decisions and management of the organization, and are responsible for selecting and supervising our annual convention staff.
- Logistics & Support Services Director: Robbie Bourget
- Technical & Evening Events Director: Cathy Johnson
- Facilities & Hospitality Director: Joyce Lloyd
- Program Director & Public Relations: Shaun Lyon
- Operations & Daytime Events Director: Dan Sandifer
Additionally, Elayne Pelz is the Executive Secretary of the Institute for Specialized Literature, Inc. (ISL), Gallifrey One’s parent nonprofit organization, and serves as Gallifrey One’s Finance Director.
Our 2019 Convention Staff
Note: the following was our convention staff for 2019. Our 2020 convention team will be announced here soon!
Our department heads are listed in purple with their volunteer support staff listed after.
- Art Show: Elizabeth Klein Lebbink & Jerome Scott, Mary Jane Jewell, Charles Matheny, Joy Kay, Cheryl Aviom, David Sullivan, Kris Bauer, Jef Roberts
- Autographs: Julie Stein, EJ Hyncik, Julie Hyncik, Kristen Kister, Chuck Dietz
- Charity Auction: Robbie Bourget, Chad Jones, Sherri Benoun, Jessica Florence, Allie Ashe, Caitlin Kagawa, Alyssa King, Salina Conlan, Jennifer Carey, Jessica Montague, Jessica Watson, Liz Carlie
- Charity Auction Donation Room: Susie Searight, Dawn Bourn
- Children’s Programming: Alissa McKersie, Alicia LaMunion, Paula Hill, Linda Wenzelburger, Patrick Resch
- Cosplay Repair & Enhancement Shop: Melissa DeMello, Victor Shapero, Roger Rose, Kim Rose, Colleen Crosby, Shawn Crosby, Liz Gerds
- Daytime Event Operations: Dan Sandifer
- Dealers Room: Dan Sandifer, Danny Davidson
- Evening Event Operations: Patrick Beckstead, Charli Teitel
- Exhibitor Tables: Shaun Lyon
- Floor Manager: Bert Boden
- Gaming: Robert Saunders, Heide Nichols, Chris Newman, Jennifer Ings, Matthew Ballard, Jennifer Jaegge
- Green Room: Jane & Tony Kenealy, Kendra Rysan, Sandy Cohen
- Guest Relations: Dani Shriver-Simpson, Michael John Simpson, Ashley Warriner, Mark Oliver, Jeff Elston, Ken Deep, Billy Davis, Sue Lemon, Heather Fellows, Ingrid de Beus, Felicity Brown, Kevin Carbonneau, Barnaby Edwards, Ruth Ann Stern, Shelley Dean Leff, Arnette Schultz, Lindsy Roberts, Chris Keaveny, Matt Evenden
- Hospitality Suite: Karl Lembke, Flavius Joseph, Jack Plummer, Jeromy Miller, Anita Nunez, Suzanne Egg, Angela Looper, Corwin Reynante, Susan Fox
- Hotel Liaison: Joyce Lloyd, Jason Justice
- Kaffeeklatsches: Anne Macko, Anita Nunez, Ed Comstock, Jennifer Comstock, Kelly McGuire, Terri Miyashiro
- Karaoke: R. Shane Bingham, Samantha Netzen Bingham, Lani Smith
- Logistics & Transportation: Robbie Bourget, Sherri Benoun, Rob Powell, Gavin Blood, George Mulligan, Henry Sierra, John Searight, Mike Korp
- Main Stage Managers (Program A): Suze Campagna, Alyson Schultz, Heatherlynn Nickles Gonzalez
- Masquerade: Kevin Roche & Andrew Trembley, Jan Fennick, Wendy Murphy, with Jennifer Adams Kelley
- Member Services: Alec Orrock & Pam Buck, Caitlin Doolittle, Lauren Justice
- Programming, Event Schedule & Talent Booking: Shaun Lyon
- Panel Program Manager (Program B): Ingrid Oliansky
- Panel Program Manager (Program C/D/E/F): Samantha Warner, Erik Engman
- Registration Desk: Elayne Pelz, Beverly Isherwood, Bob Ree, Carla Schiller, Fatenah Issa, Genevieve Johnston-Grier, Janelle van Hook, Jessica Irwin-McGinnis, Joan Steward, Julia Ree, Kathy Sullivan, Mark Ohde, Nancy Rodriguez-Bell
- Special Projects, including Gallifrey One Sales: Alan E. Hale & Tony Benoun, Korina Johnson, Donald Pettyjohn, Trudi Powell, Jennifer Dougherty
- Staff Lounge: Hanalena Fennel, Leon Diamond, James Temp
- Technical Operations (Main Programming): Cathy & Dean Johnson, Sean Brown-Kohalmy, Ryan Brown-Kohalmy, Thinzar Win, Marcie Hansen, Pat Miller, Robert Lee Adruszko, Shelby Kohalmy, Chris Broholm, Megan Hughes, Michael Donahue, Chuck Shimada, John Maizels, Eli Cikowski, Brandon Paananen, Kaylynn Sutton, Jeffrie Nova
- Technical Operations (Panel Hall): Scott Beckstead, Jolyn Johnson
- Treasurer & Member Database: Elayne Pelz
- Video Program: Erik Engman
- Website & Social Media: Shaun Lyon
- UNIT/ConOps & Accessibility Services: Robbie Bourget & Lee Almodovar, Ebony Georges-Smith, Valentina Owens, Allan Timblin, John Harold, Justine Reynolds, Kenneth Dodds, Kevin Fennel, Mariel McKinley, Michael Weinstein, Adam Bruno, Alberta Nava, Alice Massoglia, Amy Heintz, Andrew Chan, Arifah Newell, Ashley Brunts, Brenda Fortin, Christina Piper, Christine Demaria, Dan Murphy, Eric Nelson, Eric Owens, Florence Diaz, Gabby Spalliero, Gregory Watts, Jacob Fortin, Jaslyn Robbins, Jennifer Williams-Hickenbottom, Jonathan Rosas, Joyce Sperling, Katie Noice, Kayla Boden, Leah Nelson, Marcia Minsky, Marie Hildebrandt, Misty Rivera, Nathan Hall, Noah Fernandez, Pamela Harvey, Paul Jackson, Reg Franchi, Robin Portune, Sam Park, Sarah Goldberg, Scooti Dial, Scott Nathan Simpson, Shawn Sulma, Thea Rivera, Theodore Tuyo, Tina Sanchez, Tony Caballero, Tyler Mazzeo, Douglas Holmes, Lance Coffing, Melanie Hartman, Sonya Selbach, Andrew Buckner
Photo Studio operations provided by GilesG Photography and Showmasters Events.
Time and Relative Dimensions in Space support operations by TARDIS Movers Union Local 42.
Gallifrey One’s Master of Ceremonies is Shaun Lyon.
Mysterious Theatre 337 courtesy Steven Warren Hill.
The Idiot’s Lantern produced for Gallifrey One by Bob Mitsch.
Academic Program Track created and managed by Joy Piedmont and Paul Booth.
Gallifrey One’s Science Workshops created and managed by Lindsay Henderson.
Saturday Night Disco DJ’d by Shawn Crosby.
The Masquerade of Mandragora is hosted by Tony Lee.
Would I Lie To You? (masquerade half-time) hosted by Paul Cornell.
Gallifrey One Program Book published by Aurelia Press, a division of Napkinhead Publications, Ltd.
Shaun Lyon, Editor; Alan E. Hale, Cover Design.
Printed by ColorImages, Burbank, California, www.colorimages.com
ASL Sign Language Interpreters provided by The Sign Language Company.
The Year In Review: 2018 and Gallifrey One: 30 Year Retrospective videos by Matt Dale.
Additional material and equipment support provided by the Southern California Institute for Fan Interests (SCIFI) Inc. and the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society (LASFS).
Action by HAVOC.