Tickets for Gallifrey One: Thirty-Second to Midnight go on sale THIS SATURDAY, February 29, 2020, at 12:00pm (noon) Pacific time / 3:00pm Eastern time / 8:00pm London/UK time. We are also going to open pre-orders for convention T-shirts and tote bags at the same time.
Ticket Prices & Info
Tickets to Gallifrey One 2021 will once again be made available through EventBrite; the link below goes directly to the EventBrite page, which will open this Saturday at noon Pacific time.
Because of the ever-increasing costs associated with convention guests, our 2021 ticket prices will be going up slightly, to the following:
- $125.00 Adult Full Weekend
- $75.00 Teen Full Weekend (Ages 12-16)
- $35.00 Child Full Weekend (Ages 3-11)
The above prices do not include a small EventBrite processing fee, which will be added to each order.
Gallifrey One has decided (as we announced today on our social media pages) to slightly reduce the total number of tickets sold for 2021 by about 15%. Our Board decided to take this action before the 2020 convention was over, in order for us to manage our lines and ballroom capacity more effectively and better serve our attendees. Because of this, we aren’t able to make an accurate prediction of how long ticket sales will last this year, and we will sell tickets until they are effectively sold out, so get yours as soon as possible.
Important: Ticket Resales Clarification
For many years we have offered ticket resales (formerly called transfers) without hesitation; this has allowed attendees who suddenly find themselves unable to use their tickets the freedom to resell their tickets to those who missed out, at the same price. We have done so only after the convention sells out, in order to provide this service to those who missed ticket sales, and convenience to those who purchased theirs.
Unfortunately, this has also led to a misunderstanding by some people that purchased tickets will always be able to be sold, which is not the case. That lesson was learned this year by a number of people who could not sell at the last minute… so much so that it also led to complaints from a small number of people, directed at our event, that they had somehow been cheated out of something. That is not the case, nor has it ever been the case.
We want to therefore make sure the following points are noted:
- Gallifrey One sells tickets to our convention, and our ticket sale responsibility is at point of saleonly, NOT as a guarantee of any future resale.
- Gallifrey One will only open ticket resales at a time of our choosing, which CAN be any time after event sellout but never WILL be guaranteed to occur.
- As we cannot guarantee a sellout, Gallifrey One will never allow any ticket resales that put our event’s sales health directly in competition with our attendees.
- We therefore recommend that you only purchase tickets if
- you intend to attend the convention; and
- you understand fully that you may NOT be able to resell your tickets if you can’t attend.
Please note that you will be required to acknowledge these points during your EventBrite transaction.
Also, we are looking into alternative methods of resale if and when resold tickets are put on offer. We noticed some scammers attempting to sell unavailable tickets during the week prior to our 2020 event (when it was not possible to resell) so we are looking at other options.
Ticket Terms and Conditions
As a condition of purchase of tickets to Gallifrey One conventions, you must accept the following terms and conditions:
- Refunds are not allowed under any circumstances. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. See below.
- Resales of tickets (formerly called transfers) will ONLY be permitted if and when Gallifrey One determines that ticket resales are open; this will not happen until after the convention sells out of general admission and will be subject to these conditions:
- Tickets may only be resold at the cost originally purchased, or lower (i.e. you may not profit in any way from the sale).
- A ticket may only be resold once.
- You must conduct the sale of your ticket on your own.
- Once you do resell your ticket, the seller needs to fill out our resale form; the form will be located on our Ticket Resales page.
- After online resales close, in-person resales are allowed, but only with the current ticket holder present in person to initiate the resale.
- Tickets purchased on EventBrite that are marked as “opt out” of the online Attendee List are ineligible for resale. Purchase of tickets to Gallifrey One 2021 specifically requires that the buyer acknowledge this item.
- Deferrals of tickets to subsequent years are no longer considered.
Please note that any attempt by an individual to challenge the legitimate purchase of a ticket by disputing the charge with their bank or financial institution will result in the permanent ban of that person from this convention. Remember: all ticket buyers agree to the “no refunds” policy and other terms & conditions upon confirming the sale of each ticket. You have been warned.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Why do you not offer any refunds? Fan run conventions like ours budget for our expenses every year based on convention pre-registration; therefore, when you register for the convention, the funds you provide are allocated immediately… for things like guest expenses (air travel & hoteling), publications, technical expenses (lighting and sound) and other stuff that makes our event unique (like ribbons, signs and decoration). Refunding memberships may make us fall short of our expectations and our contracts, causing considerable financial concerns.