Gallifrey One Conventions is a California nonprofit organization, an independent subsidiary of the Institute for Specialized Literature (ISL), Inc., a nonprofit organization dedicated to local science fiction conventions. The annual Gallifrey One conventions are organized and run entirely by our ALL VOLUNTEER team.
Gallifrey One’s Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors (listed in blue) are the officers of Gallifrey One Conventions. Board Members are responsible for all policy decisions and management of the organization, and are responsible for selecting and supervising our annual convention staff.
- Logistics & Convention Services Director: Robbie Bourget
- Technical & Evening Events Director: Cathy Johnson
- Facilities & Hospitality Director: Joyce Lloyd
- Program Director & Public Relations: Shaun Lyon
- Operations & Daytime Events Director: Dan Sandifer
Additionally, Elayne Pelz is the Executive Secretary of the Institute for Specialized Literature, Inc. (ISL), Gallifrey One’s parent nonprofit organization, and serves as Gallifrey One’s Finance Director.
Our 2020 Convention Staff
The following is the list of convention personnel from our February 2020 convention, with department heads listed in blue. We are currently working on the staff list for our 2021 event.
- Accessibility Services: Adam Bruno, John Bourn II, Miranda Farny, Riki Garvin, Cindy Kapp, Christina-Marie McBrearty, Rig Moroi, Tyler Schwartzkopf, Martin Young
- Art Show: Elizabeth Klein Lebbink & Jerome Scott, Cheryl Avirom, Kris Bauer, Mary Jane Jewell, Joy Kay, Charles Matheny, Barbara Pickering, David Sullivan
- Autographs: Julie Stein, Chuck Dietz, EJ Hyncik, Julie Hyncik, Andy Kister, Kristen Kister
- Charity Auction: Robbie Bourget, Sherri Benoun, Chad Jones
- Charity Auction Donation Room: Susie Searight, Allie Ashe, Garrett Caldson, Tai Caldson, Salina Conlan, Katie Cullen, Mauli Delaney, Caitlin Kagawa, Alyssa King, KC Locke, Jessica Montague, Mallory Stiles, Dave Warner
- Children’s Programming: Janis Benton, Claudia Mendez
- Convention Services: Robbie Bourget & Lee Almodovar, Larissa Akers, Dana Baisch, Scott Beckstead, Kayla Boden, Ashley Brunts, Chad Chase, Michael Chavez, Audrey Chia, Lance Coffing, Scooti Dial, Florence Diaz, Kenneth Dodds, Kevin Fennel, Brenda Fortin, Jacob Fortin, Reg Franchi, Ebony Georges-Smith, Sarah Goldberg, Johannah Ghyst, Pamela Harvey, Amy Heintz, Allesy Henze, Marie Hildebrandt, Douglas Holmes, David Isherwood, Paul Jackson, Ali Kaufman, Nathan Kim, Jack Kopakowski, Lindsey Kubat, Alice Massoglia, Laura McGregor, Marcia Minsky, Dan Murphy, Alberto Nava, Eric Nelson, Leah Nelson, Lauren Nettles, Arifah Newell, Katie Noice, Rich Norman, Sam Park, Courtney Pleger, Shannon Ponsford, Robin Portune, Juliana Ragusa, Sarah Reece, Daniel Richards, Michael Rivera, Jaslyn Robbins, Ashley Rodelli, Jonathan Rosas, Tina Sanchez, Clayton Slusser, Joyce Sperling, Cayley Sublette, Mariel Tripato, Theodore Tuyo, Melanie Vigil, Gregory Watts, Michael Weinstein, Jonathan Werner, Alicia Wightman
- Cosplay Repair & Enhancement: Melissa DeMello, Shawn Crosby, Colleen Crosby, Sean Edwards, Liz Gerds, Kim Rose, Roger Rose, Victor Shapero
- Daytime Operations Manager: Dan Sandifer
- Dealers Room: Dan Sandifer
- Evening Operations Managers: Patrick Beckstead & Cathy Johnson
- Exhibitors: Shaun Lyon
- Floor Managers: Bert Boden & Vee Owens, Melanie Hartman, Eric Owens, Allen Timblin
- Gaming: Robert Saunders, Matthew Ballard, Jennifer Ings, Jennifer Jaegge-Saunders, Linda Kolasa, Chris Newman, Heide Nichols
- Green Room: Jane & Tony Kenealy, Sandy Cohen, Mark Oliver, Kendra Rysan
- Guest Relations: Dani Shriver-Simpson, Julie Agustin, Felicity Brown, Kevin Carbonneau, Ingrid de Beus, Ken Deep, Barnaby Edwards, Jeff Elston, Matt Evenden, Heather Fellows, Steven Warren Hill, Shelley Dean Leff, Sue Lemon, Mark Oliver, Arnette Schultz, Michael John Simpson, Ruth Ann Stern, Ashley Warriner
- Hotel Liaisons: Joyce Lloyd & Jason Justice, Anita Nunez, Victor Frost
- Kaffeeklatsches: Anne Macko, Jennifer Comstock, Ed Comstock, Kelly Maguire, Terri Miyashiro
- Karaoke: Jolyn Johnson & Lani Smith
- Logistics & Transportation: Robbie Bourget, Gavin Blood, Mike Korp, George McUrso, Rob Powell, Henry Sierra, John Searight
- Main Stage: Suze Campagna, Heatherlynn Gonzalez, Alyson Schultz
- Masquerade: Kevin Roche & Andrew Trembley, Jan Fennick
- Member Services: Alec Orrock & Pam Buck, Caitlin Doolittle, Julia Doolittle, Jupiter Justice
- Panel Room Operations (Program B): Ingrid Oliansky
- Panel Room Operations (Program CDEF): Samantha Warner & Erik Engman
- Programming and Talent Booking: Shaun Lyon
- Registration: Elayne Pelz, George Hakiello, Beverly Isherwood, Jes Irwin, Fatenah Issa, Genevieve Johnston-Grier, Bob Ree, Julia Ree, Nancy Rodriguez-Bell, Carla Schiller, Joan Steward, Kathy Sullivan
- Special Projects, including Gallifrey One Sales: Alan E. Hale & Tony Benoun, Jennifer Dougherty, Donald Pettyjohn, Trudy Powell
- Staff Lounge: Hanalena Fennel & Karl Lembke, Marc Cid, Suzanne Egg, Flavius George, Sue Fox, Alyssa Matuchniak, Alex Nelly, James Onasi, Jack Plummer, Eylat Poliner, Sheila Sadr, Derek Sakata, Ellen Webre
- Technical Operations: Cathy & Dean Johnson, Robert Lee Andrusko, Sam Artho-Bentz, Patrick Beckstead, Chris Broholm, Ryan Brown-Kohalmy, Sean Brown-Kohalmy, Eli Cikowski, Richard Didcoate, Michael Donahue, Marcie Hansen, Megan Hughes, Jolyn Johnson, Shelby Kohalmy, John Maizels, Lorraine Maizels, Pat Miller, Jeffrie Nova, Chuck Shimada, Kaylynn Sutton, Charli Teitell, Eric Umali, Thinzar Win
- Treasurer & Member Database: Elayne Pelz
Additional Guest Booking, Evening Guest Receptions and Special Featured Events sponsored by Showmasters Events, courtesy Jason Joiner and Paul Jones, with Amy Rodger, Andrea Swinsco, Mara Cimetta, Giles Golding, Jo Cimetta, Gerri Parker, Michael Moore, Shawna Moore, Austin Moore, Lauren Scott, Yvonne Rider, Patty Sullivan, Mike Sullivan, Maeline Younger, Keith Wilfort, Ron Nomura, Sue Case, Jennifer Gardner, Nancie Shuman, John Lohman, Randy Wuske.
Photo Studio operations provided by GilesG Photography / Giles Golding.
Time and Relative Dimensions in Space operations by TARDIS Movers Union Local 42.
Dealers Room TARDIS display by AZTARDIS, courtesy Pat Harper.
Gallifrey One’s Master of Ceremonies is Shaun Lyon.
The Idiot’s Lantern produced for Gallifrey One by Bob Mitsch and Athena Stamos.
TARDIS Talks (Academic Program) managed by Joy Piedmont and Paul Booth.
Gallifrey One’s Science Workshops created and managed by Lindsay Henderson.
Saturday Night Disco DJ is Dan Murphy.
The Masquerade of Mandragora is hosted by Tony Lee.
Gallifrey One Program Book published by Aurelia Press, a division of Napkinhead Publications, Ltd.
Shaun Lyon, Editor; Alan E. Hale, Cover Design.
Printed by ColorImages, Burbank, California, www.colorimages.com
Video programming support by Erik Engman.
The Year in Review 2019 video and additional video support by Matt Dale.
Additional material and equipment support provided by the Southern California Institute for Fan Interests (SCIFI) Inc. and the Los Angeles Science Fantasy Society (LASFS).
Special thanks to Laurence Wreford, Gary Russell, Gene Smith/Alien Entertainment, Matthew Campbell/MM Famous Faces, Howard Hayes, James DeHaviland, Jason Haigh-Ellery, David Gerrold, Cherry Cheva, Sam Watts, Mick Schubert, Paul Cornell, Craig Miller, Robert Napton, Keith Barnfather, David & Samantha Howe, Steven Schapansky, Russell Minton, Kieran Highman, Willow Polson, Athena Stamos, Sage Young, Kim Rogers, Riley Silverman, Joseph Scrimshaw, and Tony Lee.
Action by HAVOC.