The following is information about getting to the convention, including parking at the Marriott as well as directions to the hotel for those driving in. If you are flying to the convention, we suggest you check out the Air Travel page instead. Also, for Parking information, please see the section after Driving Directions, below.
For those driving locally the following are basic details to the hotel. If you are traveling from out of state by plane to the airports, it is suggested that you familiarize yourself with the LA map prior to departure.
- From North: I-405 South (or from central valley, I-5 south to I-405 south). Exit Century Boulevard/LAX Airport, approximately 2 miles west to hotel. Note: exit will drop you off on a side street; follow signs to Century Boulevard and turn right.
- From East (Inland Empire): I-10 or US-60 (I-10 merge) west to I-405 South, then follow directions for “From North,” above.
- From South (Orange County, Beaches): I-405 north, exit Century Boulevard/LAX Airport, approximately 2 miles west to hotel.
Parking for Gallifrey One can often be problematic, especially for those attending on Saturday only. The following are parking instructions for Gallifrey One 2016:
Day-trippers/Single Day Parking
- Parking at the Marriott LAX for Daily Visitors: Cost is $13/day until the parking lot fills up. You can either let the parking attendant know you are with Gallifrey One (in which case you pay the $13 up front) or pull a white ticket from the automated kiosk and need to get a green validation ticket from our Member Services desk at the convention center (and hence pay on departure). Should the lot be full, and from our experience with 2015, it will likely be full from mid-Friday afternoon through end-of-day Saturday, you will need to go with another option. (Valet parking also fills up.)
- Make parking reservations at local parking structures. Some of the local parking lots are Park Air Express (5757 Century Blvd., next door to the Marriott); The Parking Spot Century (5701 Century Blvd., just east of the Hilton); or All Star Parking (6141 Century, near the Sheraton Gateway). You can often make reservations with these locations for overnight parking if you are planning to stay in the area, and simply leave at the end of the day instead of parking overnight.
- OUR SUGGESTED OPTION IF EVERYTHING IS FULL: PARK AT THE AIRPORT! Full day or overnight parking in Lot C at LAX Airport is $12/day; the lot is located at the corner of 96th Street and Sepulveda Blvd. “Lot C provides frequent, free shuttle transport to and from Lot C and the Central Terminal Area, stopping conveniently at each Terminal curbside. Lot C Shuttle Service runs every 10-15 minutes, 24/7.” To utilize this parking option follow these steps; note that while this seems a bit more complicated, you will likely spend more time looking for parking elsewhere than this might take.
- Park in Lot C
- Catch the shuttle to LAX and take it to Terminal 1 (the first terminal it arrives at, where Southwest Airlines is located); you will arrive on the upper (Departures) level
- Go downstairs to the lower (Arrivals) level
- Use the Marriott courtesy shuttle from a RED (“Hotels/Courtesy Shuttles”) zone on the center median outside the baggage claim. Marriott shuttles run every 20/30 minutes; the shuttle is light blue and may also say Courtyard LAX (the other hotel on its circuit). Do not take the light blue Hilton shuttle or any other shuttle.
We urge you to plan ahead for parking if you are coming to the convention and not staying in the hotel, especially for those visiting on Saturday; you almost certainly will not find parking nearby.
Overnight Stays at Hotels
- Parking at the Marriott LAX for Overnight Visitors on the Gallifrey One Room Block: Cost is $13/day and will be included on your hotel bill should you be staying at the hotel (one car per room). You must have reserved your room using the Gallifrey One discount code in order to qualify for the reduced rate. If you are staying in the Marriott, they will guarantee you parking.
- Parking at the Renaissance LAX for Overnight Visitors on the Gallifrey One Room Block: Cost is $20/day and will be included on your hotel bill should you be staying at the hotel (one car per room). You must have reserved your room using the Gallifrey One discount code in order to qualify for the reduced rate.
- Other Hotels: For those staying at other hotels overnight, you should check with your facility for rate information. Rates can range anywhere up to $30/night in the airport area.
- Make parking reservations at local parking structures. See above in Day-trippers section.