Tickets for Gallifrey One 2015 are SOLD OUT.
Registration for The 26 Seasons of Gallifrey One opened on Friday, March 21, 2014 at 10am Pacific Daylight Time as we had announced for weeks… and sold out in 75 minutes. While we expected the sellout, we didn’t expect it so quickly. Nevertheless, we are indeed sold out for our 2015 event. We look forward to seeing the 3200 of you who purchased tickets, and will once again post the exact date and time 2016 tickets will go on sale at our 2015 event and online thereafter.
You’re sold out already? Can I still get a ticket?
Yes, we are completely sold out for 2015 and will not be offering any more tickets at any price sold by the convention.
That said, yes, you may still have a good chance to still get a ticket when we open up ticket transfers this autumn. Over 400 people successfully transferred their tickets after deciding they couldn’t go after all in 2014, and over 400 people successfully purchased those tickets at cost from the sellers. We go into detail below regarding what is involved in ticket transfers, as well as very specific rules & regulations governing transfers. A secondary space will be set up this summer on our Facebook page for those looking for registration transfers or looking to sell their tickets (do not post requests immediately; these will be removed until we set up our page this summer!)
Do I have a ticket to Gallifrey One 2015?
The searchable Attendee Search page is now open, and you can check to see if you’re on it; search by last name, first name or even badge name. If you aren’t on this list and you feel you should be, we urge you to let us know via the Contact Us page immediately. (You will be contacted for proper documentation to support your claim to a ticket.)
Issue: I haven’t received a registration confirmation email
We let everyone know weeks ago that there could be many reasons why you don’t get one immediately… spam-blocking, your email service, etc. Do not panic; you will eventually get your receipt. However, in order to alleviate your concerns, you’re welcome to check the Attendee Search page to make sure you show up on it. If you don’t, then you should use the Contact Us page immediately.
Issue: I got double-billed / received a confirmation with someone else’s info on it
We are aware that, due to a hiccup on the servers at Member Solutions during the sales period (which experienced unprecedented traffic at the time – we wonder why!), there were a number of people who received incorrect information on their registration confirmations, as well as a few people who may have been double billed due to service timeouts. If this is the case for you and you have not already emailed us about it then please do so using the Contact Us page. Member Solutions is dealing with each of these issues as they are presented to them through us, and we are ensuring that everyone affected will be able to come to the convention. We won’t leave anyone in these situations out in the cold.
For Your Reference: Notes On Ticket Purchases
Convention tickets were $90.00 (US dollars) for all adults ages 17+, $45.00 for teens ages 12-16, and $10.00 for children ages 3-11. Small children/toddlers under 3 only will be admitted without requiring a badge or any sort of space reservation and are not classified in these terms. The $10 child 3-11 price is new this year in order to properly reserve space for the event. It is important that you had purchased a ticket for the age your child/teen will be at the convention and not the age he/she is currently. Tickets for Gallifrey One 2015 were passes for the full weekend ONLY. No single day tickets were (and will be) sold. Up to FOUR (4) tickets could be purchased during a transaction, in any combination of the three classes of tickets (adult, teen, child). Had you needed more than four tickets, you would need to have to begin a separate transaction… but please be aware of the restrictions on purchasing more than four tickets (see “Registration Transfers” section below).
A note about terminology: we use the terms membership, registration and tickets interchangeably; they all mean the same thing. You do not have to be a prior ‘member’ to purchase a ‘ticket’… you simply pay the costs above. There is no ‘registration’ to buy a ticket; it’s the same thing.
For Your Reference: Terms and Conditions
As in previous years, Gallifrey One tickets were purchased with the following provisos; your purchase of tickets to our convention was your express acknowledgement of these terms and conditions AND YOU AGREED TO ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHEN YOU PURCHASED YOUR TICKETS:
- We do not issue refunds under any circumstances. All sales are final.
- We do not defer registration to subsequent years except under extreme emergency circumstances (such as death in family or hospitalization), only if a deferral is requested prior to five (5) days before the start of the convention, and only after approval is granted following the event by our Board of Directors. Weather issues including flight cancellations due to poor weather are no longer grounds for deferral (sorry, but weather issues are out of our hands!)
- We do allow a ticket to be transferred to someone else, in case the original buyer cannot attend; see below for restrictions.
The ability to transfer your registration to another person if you cannot attend has remained a Gallifrey One ticket benefit and we are not discontinuing this process, although we are making some important changes entirely to prevent the possibility of scalping, as well as hoarding of tickets from people who wish to actually attend. Transfers happen entirely between individual parties; all we need is for the current ticket holder to fill out our online transfer form with information about the new ticket holder (including name and email address). Please note the following:
- Registration transfers begin September 1, 2014. Tickets can be transferred in advance until a cut-off date (to be announced) and then on site. On site transfers are only provided if the buyer is physically present.
- Tickets may only be sold to another party at the original cost of purchase ($90 adult, $45 teens age 12-16, $10 children age 3-11). Should Gallifrey One discover that the original buyer has (a) sold a ticket for more than original cost, or (b) posted a sale notice on eBay or other online websites, the ticket shall be declared null and void and the seller will be permanently restricted from buying a ticket to future events.
- Upgrades are only permitted from child to teen or teen to adult prior to the convention by contacting us. We will charge you the difference in cost. Child to adult is not permitted.
- TICKETS MAY ONLY BE TRANSFERRED ONCE. This is an important change for 2015. A second request in advance for transfer will not be honored.
- Exception #1: A ticket can be transferred on site provided the current ticket holder is present regardless of whether it was transferred before; this one-time transfer restriction is not in effect at that time.
- Exception #2: Parents can change the name(s) on teen or child tickets they have purchased without restriction (i.e. child cannot attend but family friend wishes to come), as long as they stay within the same ticket bracket.
- Should a buyer purchase more than four tickets (i.e. four tickets initially, then additional tickets in a subsequent purchase), the fifth and all subsequent tickets will be ineligible for transfer; only the original four tickets will be eligible for a transfer.
- Please note that we reserve the right to scrutinize any purchases that we feel attempt to circumvent these rules, especially regarding purchasing more than four tickets; we also reserve the right to take any action our Board of Directors deems warranted in such cases.
These transfer rules, including the restrictions on more than four tickets purchased, are simply to prevent widespread hoarding or purchase of large amounts of tickets to scalp or sell to friends. Everyone attending or wishing to attend Gallifrey One deserves an equal opportunity to purchase a ticket, and our rules are designed to prevent imbalance.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us; we’ll either get back to you as soon as we can or amend any oversights here on this page. We look forward to seeing you at the 2015 Gallifrey One convention.